Thursday, May 15, 2008

Bird Without a Nest

Why did Adam eat the apple knowing that he was not supposed to? Well, it's because the act of eating the forbidden fruit is simply adrenaline-pumping and in other words, exciting compared to doing something routine-ish. And so I started looking for my very own forbidden fruit, but all I found were rotten apples that even Nigeria would reject.

Mother's Day wasn't that good. To be honest, things with the folks aren't good at all. In a futile attempt to wish my mom on that fateful sunday turned out to be a catastrophe. Maybe if all lips were sealed, calamity wouldn't have striked. I blame the stock market. Mid-life hormones can be such a bitch too.

Just when I assumed that Europe was the epitome of sex, drugs , rock and roll, and of course inclusive of all the marijuana and magic shrooms, some weird ass Ukranian guy proved me wrong. Or maybe it was merely an act to pick up a couple of girls from Cafe Del Mar? "Zis cigarat iz bad. I am a swimmer and it makes you looze all ze energy." Later, I heard from my friend who was an employee at the Del Mar that he and his little bunch of Ukranian hippies were banned from the place cos they kept intruding on the patrons' privacy; with significant reference to women in particular of course.

I was literally ass-raped at my first spinning class in the gym. It was after much persuasion from Idy and James that I decided to step foot into that class for the first time. I pretty much tried everything from yoga to capoeira, but I had no idea what spinning could do to your faggot ass.

And a part of Jack still lived with Jill,
After all, they went down the hill.
But soon enough dear Jack will know,
that memories, can never grow.

-Andrew



No comments: