Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Deception

The boredom in pandora's box is stupefying me. I could have been having a sandwich with Shuxian and gang but nohoho, I chose to attend this ridiculously dreadful make up class for the Internet and Web module.

The Vesak Day public holiday turned out to be pretty fruitful in its own uncanny way. I managed to be a gym rat from 2.30 pm till 7 in the evening, and then drag myself to Del Mar only because I intended to keep my promise to Jo and Idy. The 2-hour bodycombat special was spectacular and I couldn't ask for more. It was like a furnace in there as the condensation and mist formed on the glass panes, with the floor tiles being covered in... sweat. The dude behind me formed his very own puddle of sweat and I was pretty awed that he didn't trip. Inititally, when the other dude in front splashed his perspiration on me whenever he was hyped up or moved vigorously, I bothered to wipe his grime away. However, as the class proceeded into the 11th hour, it really didn't matter anymore.

Pardon me for the grotesque details of the human skin secretion, but here's something a lil' more interesting. At the Del Mar with Idy and friends, a dandy bunch of Europeans were having a ball of a time sipping cocktails, dancing and occasionally challenging each other to swimming races. All seemed pretty normal until this girl, who prolly had too much to drink, pulled out her friend's bikini top. They seemed extremely tickled and humoured despite the fact that their dear friend was topless in a pool with wondering foreign eyes. The shrill laughter and giggles only subsided when a burly Indian male employee decided to stop by and warn them that stripping was not an option in the Del Mar's premises.

I discovered a dark secret recently. It's the kind of hidden truths regarding a second lifestyle that you can't just share with anyone for fear of contempt or disdain. I guess I seemed impartial enough that my friend had no qualms telling me about the shocking truth. Its amazing how human behaviour can conceal so much and create a facade for the world. Just when you thought that religious sanctuaries were the light at the end of the tunnel if the world was an evil place, you thought wrong.

But of course, we are in no position to judge because our hands are often stained with the very imperfections that we were scrutinising at.

-Andrew



No comments: