Monday, April 28, 2008

Puddle O' Muddle

"Miners" seem to flock to me like plague even though I do not possess any gold or let alone the mine. Being a bachelor boy seems exclusively attractive because of such mentalities. I must admit that I am partly to blame for unknowingly flaunting. Frankly, I'm really not used to it. The environment I used to inhabit in was oblivious to such issues and a speedy or mont blanc was no big deal, neither did it implicate that you are fed with a silver spoon.

They say that there are firsts for everything in life. How true. After a series of unfortunate events in school for day, I was wondering why a bunch of rowdy girls were using profanities and giggling at the same time. Then I realised how I massacred myself socially for 30 seconds - for the first time in my life, my fly was down. I was so caught up on the cell with Jake regarding my gold-digging theories that I hadn't noticed.

Reading, in my opinion, is an excellent form of mind-numbing escapism. I find myself absorbed into a different dimension of time, which I hate to admit, is sometimes more appealing than the period I dwell in. I'm kinda aware of what most books have in store for me, but I must say that I am clueless as to what lies ahead in the remaining of year 2008. But one thing's for sure, I've had my hands full with "miners", poker faces and disregarding Bugis Street peeps.
- Andrew

No comments: